FROM RESEARCH TO THE PRODUCTION OF APPLICABLE KNOWLEDGE
- We identify structural challenges facing Brazilian education based on up-to-date scientific knowledge and on-the-ground research.
- We draw from up-to-date scientific knowledge and on-the-ground research to identify structural challenges facing Brazilian education.
- We develop original methodologies that feature strategic pedagogical materials and content, and make them publicly availableia our digital platforms.
FROM THE PRODUCTION TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF APPLICABLE KNOWLEDGE
- We implement, monitor and refine our methodologies in different contexts and at different scales. For example:
- We partner with school districts as well as public, private and non-governmental organizations serving children and their families (health, social welfare, culture).
- We provide systemic professional development opportunities to formal and informal educators
- We design professional development processes with a beginning, middle and end, aimed at the practical appropriation of new tools and knowledge by local educational actors in an autonomous and sustainable way.
FROM IMPLEMENTATION BACK TO RESEARCH
- We monitor the implementation of our projects, in order to document and understand the transformative learning process experienced by local agents and teams (school principals, pedagogical supervisors, and teachers).
- We rely on a variety of data collection tools and strategies (questionnaires, interviews, structured observations) to capture the diverse perspectives of stakeholders in the education system, and design action plans targeting their specific needs.
- We generate new research questions from the practical application of our methodologies, thus restarting the cycle of continuous improvement.